Integrity, Service, Excellence.

Business Immigration

's Profile Image

Temporary Visas

H-1B Specialty Occupation Visa

H-1B Visa for Professionals – Most Need to File April 1. The H-1B is a temporary (non-immigrant) employer-sponsored visa for professional workers. The H-1B can be issued for up to 3 years, and then extended for an additional three years, for a tota… Read More

L-1A / L-1B Intracompany Transferee

The L-1 visa permits multinational companies to transfer certain individuals into the United States. The L-1A is for executives and managers, while the L-1B is for “specialized knowledge” workers. Like the H-1B, an L-1 is a “dual intent” noni… Read More

TN NAFTA Professionals

The TN Visa is a non-immigrant visa option for citizens of Canada and Mexico. It was created as part of the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA). The Twin Cities business immigration attorneys of The Law Firm of Craig J. Peterson L.L.C. assist… Read More

E-1 Treaty Trader/E-2 Treaty Investor

E-1 Treaty Trader Visa

The E-1 visa is a non-immigrant, temporary visa for foreign nationals coming to the U.S. solely to engage in international trade on their own behalf or on behalf of a qualifying company. The individual — and, if applicable, the relevant company —… Read More

E-2 Treaty Investor Visa

The E-2 visa is a non-immigrant, temporary visa for qualifying investors to direct and develop a U.S. company. The E-2 can be used to start a business or buy an existing business in the U.S., but the individual and majority ownership of the company m… Read More

E-3 Australians Specialty Occupation

The E-3 visa was created as part of a free trade agreement between the United States and Australia. As a result, it applies only to Australian citizens. Up to 10,500 E-3 visas may be granted each year, and to date, the annual limit has never been exh… Read More

O-1 Extraordinary Ability

The O-1 is a temporary, nonimmigrant visa for individuals who have demonstrated extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, athletics, or the motion picture/TV industry. The Twin Cities business immigration attorneys of The Law… Read More

F-1 Student/J-1 Exchange Visitor

The United States hosts nearly a million foreign students in academic, vocational and English learning programs. In fact, international education is considered one of the leading service sector “exports” of the United States. Many students return… Read More

H-2A Agricultural/H-2B Non-Agricultural Workers

H-2A Temporary Agricultural Workers

The H-2A Visa is for agricultural work of a temporary or seasonal nature. This includes farming, raising livestock, and any activities in conjunction with farming operations. Activities such as handling, planting, drying, packing, packaging, processi… Read More

H-2B Nonagricultural Temporary Workers

The H-2B is an employer-sponsored visa for temporary work that is: A one-time occurrence; A seasonal need; A peakload need; or An intermittent need. The Twin Cities employment immigration attorneys of The Law Firm of Craig J. Peterson L.L.C. assist e… Read More

Permanent Residence (Green Card) through employment

PERM (Labor Certification)

The Law Firm of Craig J. Peterson L.L.C. helps employers in Minneapolis, St. Paul and nationwide, evaluate whether a position is suitable for Permanent Labor Certification (PERM) and assist with every step of the PERM process. We encourage you to con… Read More

I-140 Petitions

The I-140 Petition for Alien Worker is used for both employer-sponsored and self-sponsored positions. The procedure and the timing of obtaining a green card through employment with the I-140 Petition varies depending on the type of position and requi… Read More

EB-1A Extraordinary Ability and EB-1B Outstanding Professor / Researcher

EB-1 petitions are intended for the most highly qualified foreign nationals. These petitions have two distinct advantages over most other employment-based immigrant petitions. First, no labor certification (PERM) is required for EB-1 petitions. Secon… Read More

EB-1C Multinational Manager or Executive

The Multinational Manager or Executive EB-1C visa allows international companies to transfer executives and managers to the U.S. as permanent residents. The EB-1C requires that the worker have at least a year’s experience in an executive or manager… Read More

EB-2 National Interest Waiver

A National Interest Waiver (NIW) petition is an appealing option for those who qualify, to petition for legal permanent residence. A National Interest Waiver (NIW) petition requests that the PERM (Labor Certification) requirement be waived for the sa… Read More